Friday, March 8, 2013

Special Needs Class

At the beginning of the school year, Auntie Kate, who heads up Special Needs asked me if I could help them with their baking class and their art class. I go Thursday mornings from 9-12 (usually). At 9, they do their welcome song and counting. If it's a baking day we go to Auntie Kate's house. So far we've made pancakes, cake, and pumpkin muffins. If it's an art day, we stay at the class. I've only been there for two art days. I've really enjoyed doing this. All of the staff are really great. It's amazing how the Special Needs Program went from just Hassan to a class of 10 kids and an outreach program in three years. Please pray for two kids who are in the hospital. One has broken his legs and the other had an operation.

2 comments:

  1. Your Thursday mornings sound good Christina! Glad you can help and also learn so much at the same time. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be so special to go and work in that class!! I will definitely be praying!

    ReplyDelete