- I don't think of putting a seatbelt on when I get into a car.
- Bumpy roads are normal; paved roads feel unnatural (but very nice)
- Skyscrapers scare me (actually buildings taller than two-stories are quite nerve-wracking)
- In restaurants, I'm prepared to be told that something on the menu isn't available. Sometimes only about half of what's on the menu is an option.
- I have trouble remembering what a shopping cart is called. (I was thinking shopping stroller at one point.)
Monday, April 22, 2013
I Live in Africa
Saturday, we went into Kampala. I hadn't been in Kampala since December and hadn't been farther than 10 km away from home since February. Here are some signs that I live in rural Uganda.