Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Ugandan Wildlife

So when you think of African wildlife what do you think of?

Maybe this:


 
Or this:
 

Or perhaps this:

Or maybe these are what you think of:

You might even think of these:
Now, do not covet your neighbour's wildlife. I will try not to tempt you. Here is our more common wildlife.
This dragon fly was 7 cm long and had an 11 cm wingspan. The photo doesn't really do it justice. I found it today. To some this may still seem like a beautiful creature. (Don't get me wrong. I like dragon flies too, but not huge ones that are half dead fluttering around and attracting dozens of ants.)
So if you're still being tempted, how would you like this bed time visitor?
Yes, this one was right above my bed last August. My dad comforted me by saying, "Don't worry. He's definitely eaten anything else." Thanks Dad! Yes, we caught him and he is dead. (Not my dad, the spider.)

PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS KEEP YOU FROM COMING TO VISIT US!!!!! WE DO NOT HAVE THESE SPIDERS VERY OFTEN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment