Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My 14th Birthday Part 3

All was calm and quiet Saturday night. We had finished a delicious dinner of bacon and pancakes at 6:00. Now the previous sentence was strange in 2 ways. First, we only have bacon on special occasions (like peoples birthdays) and it wasn't Catriona's birthday yet. Second, we DO NOT eat dinner at 6:00. 6:30 is early. 7:00 or 7:30 is normal. Anyway we had finished and were relaxing. And then the phone rang. My mum answered and gave it to Catriona. Catriona talked for a little and then hung up. I was in my room and didn't pay much attention to it. Then the phone rang again. Catriona answered and gave it to me and this is what I heard. "Pack everything you will need for the next 24 hours for the car that will be arriving in 14 minutes."

As you can imagine this was quite startling. John asked, "Who was it?" with a smirk on his face. So Catriona and I packed our bags in about 5 minutes and sat waiting.

And then the car came. Two ladies with bandanas on came to the door and blindfolded us and led us to the car. We drove around for 20 minutes and although they said all sorts of things like "We're almost at Murchison Falls." or "We're going to Kampala." For the record, I knew we weren't because besides the fact that it took hours to get to either of those places, we hadn't gone over any speed bumps which are on both sides of the road out of any of the primary side roads. Other than that I had no idea where I was. The car finally stopped and we climbed out of the car and walked. It was during this time that Catriona and I may or may not have bonked heads.

Then the blindfolds were taken off and we discovered we were at A. Chrissy, A. Hannah, A. Wesley, and A. Kimberley's house.

Then the fun began. We ate caramel popcorn, soft pretzels, doughnuts, chocolate, and other good stuff. We watched a movie and then we went to bed.

When we woke up we (the four girls) were covered in these little shreds of plastic. It was no accident. Catriona, Kara, Hadassah, and I decided that we would gather up the bits and pour them on our dear sleeping friends. So we each took one. Unfortunately, A. Kimberly had locked her door. We got her later when she walked out. She got the "snow" and a cup of water. By the way it wasn't anything like snow.

For breakfast, we had biscuits, eggs, and hash browns. Then we left for church. I don't have any pictures but hopefully we'll get some from the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment