Friday, June 6, 2014

2019

This post is not my thoughts on what my goals for the next 5 years are. This number basically sums up the 3 days that we spent in Jinja for a Foreign Staff Retreat in May.

I helped babysit about 2019 kids for 2019 hours while the 2019 foreign staff discussed the 2019 issues they have. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little. It just seems like a lot of people when you spend three days together and sessions definitely seem like a long time when you're trying to keep 20 kids who all want their parents occupied.

You may wonder why I chose this particular number. On the way back, Catriona, John, and I rode back in Auntie Kate's car along with 3 kids between ages 3 and 6. I was sitting in the back with one of them. He was really into the number 2019 that day, (actually he still is) so he asked me to count to 2019. And so for more than an hour I counted to 2019. You may not think that it is so difficult but when you are going on back roads being jostled continuously and nearly hitting the roof every 2 minutes with dust filling your mouth, it is. Try it some time and you'll see. Anyway, this normally very talkative boy was basically silent the whole time except for the occasional, "Are you almost there yet?" So that's my newest babysitting activity.

Anyway, the Foreign Staff Retreat, though maybe not restful was lots of fun. We got to swim, play games, go to restaurants, and just hang out. It was great to see the staff from Musana Camps too because we don't see them often.

1 comment:

  1. ha, that is one way to pass the time on a journey! glad you enjoyed Jinja despite the 2019

    ReplyDelete