Thursday, July 14, 2011

School

This week I started going to Essuubi Eppya Vocational Primary School. I am doing Social Studies. I'm in P6 North which is supposed to be like Grade 5 but since their school year goes from about January to November I go with my friend, Kasana, who turned 11 the day after we got here. I probably will not complain about "having to write so much" in Canada again. My teacher says the question and we have to copy it down in one colour of pen (black or blue) and then he says the answer and we copy it down in the other colour. Most of the time we have about 7 questions. Some can have up to 7 answers to write down. The other difficulty is that I don't know how to spell most of the places in Uganda besides Kampala, Entebbe, Kiwoko, Luweero, and Jinja. Places like Bunalibugyo are not easy to spell just from hearing. My classes are usually from 9:20 to 10:40 but sometimes I leave early. I've been borrowing my Kasana's mom's bike and I ride to school with Kasana so it only takes 5-10 minutes instead of 10-15 minutes. In SST we've been learning about transport. So far we've done an overview of transport, human transport, animal transport, and road transport. Tomorrow we're doing water transport (I think). That has been the newest thing here in Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment